A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Looks like it sits on the Pennsy mainline (Northeast Corridor), formerly Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perryville_(MARC_station)
Healey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perryville_(MARC_station)
Healey
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
healey36 wrote:Looks like it sits on the Pennsy mainline (Northeast Corridor), formerly Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perryville_(MARC_station)
Healey
That looks to be the station; now what about that car parked in front of it????
It looks a lot like a PRR Class TA tool car... http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiag ... &sz=lg&fr=
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Rufusette,
Are those trolley tracks or railroad tracks crossing the bridge?
Not sure what I am seeing.
Are those trolley tracks or railroad tracks crossing the bridge?
Not sure what I am seeing.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
PRR station at Sunbury:


-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rogruth wrote:Rufusette,
Are those trolley tracks or railroad tracks crossing the bridge? Not sure what I am seeing.
Trolley; the catenary is just barely visible as it approaches the bridge.
Trolleys aside, that toll house is one darn neat structure; I wish that I had the capability to build it.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Yes, that is an interesting building.
Rather large just for collecting toll.
I wonder if there were other uses for it?
I wonder if the toll taker/bridge tender lived in it?
Rather large just for collecting toll.
I wonder if there were other uses for it?
I wonder if the toll taker/bridge tender lived in it?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
J. S. Bach wrote: I wish that I had the capability to build it.
Take a whack at it....what do you have to lose!
Rich
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
J. S. Bach wrote:rogruth wrote:Rufusette,
Are those trolley tracks or railroad tracks crossing the bridge? Not sure what I am seeing.
Trolley; the catenary is just barely visible as it approaches the bridge.
Trolleys aside, that toll house is one darn neat structure; I wish that I had the capability to build it.
There is also a horse drawn buggy / wagon on the bridge.....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rogruth wrote:Yes, that is an interesting building.
Rather large just for collecting toll.
I wonder if there were other uses for it?
I wonder if the toll taker/bridge tender lived in it?
It's proof that 100 + years ago politicians were giving their best contributors cushy bridge commission jobs
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
Tom Dempsey
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:15 pm
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Car parts, cigars, and shoe repairs. Get a barber chair in there and it's a one stop trip to town.
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 174 guests





