A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
When many towns were built 150-200 years ago, building on the water made sense for transportation and commerce.
Today it seems that building on the water is more of a prestige factor.
Today it seems that building on the water is more of a prestige factor.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Rufus I always miss Sam when I need someone to do some yelling for me!!!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Total divergence here, but I like the card and of course, winter is coming.....and you need to be prepared.


If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Great picture Rufus
Never seen one like that before, Thanks for posting it.
Robert
Never seen one like that before, Thanks for posting it.
Robert
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Does the guy on the front do the steering, braking or both?
That is an interesting piece.
That is an interesting piece.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rogruth wrote:Does the guy on the front do the steering, braking or both?
That is an interesting piece.
I think just the steering. I've seen these before but not quite like this one so I captured it for future study...
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
That's what I like about the south.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rogruth wrote:That's what I like about the south.
The oppressive heat and humidity that crackles right off that red clay?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- rex desilets
- Posts: 1786
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:rogruth wrote:That's what I like about the south.
The oppressive heat and humidity that crackles right off that red clay?
And the bugs. As a kid we had to eat our supper away from a light to keep the bugs out of our mashed potatoes...
Occasional tornadoes..
Occasional ice storms in winter, bringing all the power lines down. For days and days.
Raised in Mississippi, btw.
I wouldn't trade my kidhood for anything
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rex desilets wrote:.... to keep the bugs out of our mashed potatoes...
They just told us to eat them and that they added protein to the meal.........and that we were lucky to get them, too!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Had all that same stuff in Ohio plus lots of cold and freezing.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Look at all the spectators.
Today no one except "officials" would be allowed that close.
Someone might get a splinter and sue the company.
Today no one except "officials" would be allowed that close.
Someone might get a splinter and sue the company.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
[quote="rex desilets"]...
And the bugs. As a kid we had to eat our supper away from a light to keep the bugs out of our mashed potatoes...
Raised in Mississippi, btw.
I wouldn't trade my kidhood for anything[/quote]
That's the thing. Childhood. I too would not change mine for anything. Every person, every neighbor, no matter how unusual, scary, or off-putting, the good ones (the vast majority) made up for everything. I even liked the adults (anybody over 20, in my eyes, then,) because I got to know them as their "paperboy," delivering 76 "dailies" and 121 "Sundays," all carried in a canvas bag slung over my shoulder, from the ages of 12 to 15.
There was always a new house being built to explore in Duquesne Place, forests (we called them "woods") to make paths through, and hikes in any direction, in search of more adventure. We walked or rode bikes (later referred to as "trucks" due to their heavy frames and fat tires) everywhere. Movies - usually double-features with Previews of Coming Attractions and, at least, two cartoons - filled a Saturday afternoon for 25cents. We even had the adventure of new candy-bars being invented, and new ice cream flavors to be slurped.
And regarding a bother like bugs and food, we had a similar affliction everywhere in the metropolitan Pittsburgh area. If you rode your bike downhill without wearing some kind of eye-wear or, at the very least, squinted real hard, you got an eye full of sharp metallic splinter-like air-born grains that periodically volcanoed from the steel mills. Eyes had to be rinsed out, not - never - rubbed out, for fear of scratching the eye, legend had it. Clothes hung-out to dry got a pall of soot on them, too, from "the mill." Ice cream cones got their share of soot from the mills, if you didn't consume them quickly enough if outside. One of my jobs (earning my "allowance") was sweeping a layer of soot off the front and back porches and off the walkway leading from the sidewalk to the house, on a daily basis.
However, those details of life were not something we considered awful, just the peculiarities of living in a suburb full of heaven everywhere you went.
Murph
And the bugs. As a kid we had to eat our supper away from a light to keep the bugs out of our mashed potatoes...
Raised in Mississippi, btw.
I wouldn't trade my kidhood for anything[/quote]
That's the thing. Childhood. I too would not change mine for anything. Every person, every neighbor, no matter how unusual, scary, or off-putting, the good ones (the vast majority) made up for everything. I even liked the adults (anybody over 20, in my eyes, then,) because I got to know them as their "paperboy," delivering 76 "dailies" and 121 "Sundays," all carried in a canvas bag slung over my shoulder, from the ages of 12 to 15.
There was always a new house being built to explore in Duquesne Place, forests (we called them "woods") to make paths through, and hikes in any direction, in search of more adventure. We walked or rode bikes (later referred to as "trucks" due to their heavy frames and fat tires) everywhere. Movies - usually double-features with Previews of Coming Attractions and, at least, two cartoons - filled a Saturday afternoon for 25cents. We even had the adventure of new candy-bars being invented, and new ice cream flavors to be slurped.
And regarding a bother like bugs and food, we had a similar affliction everywhere in the metropolitan Pittsburgh area. If you rode your bike downhill without wearing some kind of eye-wear or, at the very least, squinted real hard, you got an eye full of sharp metallic splinter-like air-born grains that periodically volcanoed from the steel mills. Eyes had to be rinsed out, not - never - rubbed out, for fear of scratching the eye, legend had it. Clothes hung-out to dry got a pall of soot on them, too, from "the mill." Ice cream cones got their share of soot from the mills, if you didn't consume them quickly enough if outside. One of my jobs (earning my "allowance") was sweeping a layer of soot off the front and back porches and off the walkway leading from the sidewalk to the house, on a daily basis.
However, those details of life were not something we considered awful, just the peculiarities of living in a suburb full of heaven everywhere you went.
Murph
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 165 guests

