A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
To me, there's a certain boldness to their building such bridges back then. But then, I see such boldness in the men back in those days as America moved from an agrarian society to an industrial one, as they built railroads or manufactured clothing, soups, pickles, ketchup, or steel, to name just a few.
And inventiveness. Industriousness. Courage. Self-confidence, based on more than a big mouth.
And inventiveness. Industriousness. Courage. Self-confidence, based on more than a big mouth.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Murph,
Makes sense to me.
Makes sense to me.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Can you imagine that whole ensemble on a train layout! 
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Murph,
Yes I can imagine but not on mine. That would take all of my available layout space.

Yes I can imagine but not on mine. That would take all of my available layout space.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rogruth wrote:Murph,
Yes I can imagine but not on mine. That would take all of my available layout space.![]()
This top photo is an ensemble I did on a client's layout using his Lionel bridges (please excuse me if you have seen this shot previously; I don't want to be tiresome,) barely in the ballpark of that photo Rufus has provided.
This second photo is as "close" (
- Attachments
-
- Lionel bridges weathered; pylons incomplete.
- IMG_4997mm.jpg (479.76 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
-
- IMG_0508m.jpg (472.64 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
"Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool." Proverbs 10: 21-28
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Can you imagine that whole ensemble on a train layout!
Some selective compression might be necessary - there will be another 1-2 cards featuring this bridge from other perspectives,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
Murph,
Don't rip anything out.
I find stuff every time I look at your photos.
Rufus,
Looking for more.
Don't rip anything out.
I find stuff every time I look at your photos.
Rufus,
Looking for more.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
rogruth wrote:Rufus,
Looking for more.
Elmo is busy working on it,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
From an interesting perspective........albeit a different bridge upstream from Northumberland at Catawissa where there's another of those stern paddlewheelers plying the ferry trade across the river

If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
That Catawissa bridge may still be under construction in the picture; I do not see any steel past that far pier on the right end. So the ferry still runs.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
J. S. Bach wrote:That Catawissa bridge may still be under construction in the picture; I do not see any steel past that far pier on the right end. So the ferry still runs.
Interesting observation........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
I see a similar profile here in one of my bridges with those in your most recent photo, Rufus.
I would do this feature very differently ,now, but this is what I have, and the time to put a period to it has long since past. So, period. But it is all still great fun, just to see, possess, and share.
Murph
I would do this feature very differently ,now, but this is what I have, and the time to put a period to it has long since past. So, period. But it is all still great fun, just to see, possess, and share.
Murph
- Attachments
-
- Mulbabes_12_edited-1.jpg (165.27 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
-
- toys plus scale.jpg (244.47 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
-
- IMG_2062.jpg (484.12 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
-
- 2Lionel. 1 Stainless.jpg (270.41 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 99 guests