Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
At first glance, I thought your Conestoga Traction had no people-catcher, but upon closer inspection, I have concluded it is folded-up at the front, on the right of the photo, huh.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:At first glance, I thought your Conestoga Traction had no people-catcher, but upon closer inspection, I have concluded it is folded-up at the front, on the right of the photo, huh.
Yup. Folded up tight parked in line with the other cars.
Wish I had a photo of that line car parked behind it!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- rex desilets
- Posts: 1786
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
That is an attractive Main Street!
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Bradford's a pretty nice little town, considering it's up in "woods". Got some industry up there, too. Kendall Oil, PennsOil, Zippo Lighters, and Case Knives are a few I can think of.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Bradford is a lucky small town to still have those industries even if they are small.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Silly Dodge mechanic. Holley motorcycle were made in Bradford (1900). Their motorcycle company did not do so well. Something else did? and it's not a Carter.




I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Androscoggin & Kennebec Electric Rwy Coal Motor #652....
Anybody want to hazard a guess what color this might have been painted or should I just cover the model of this to restore in coal dust.........

Anybody want to hazard a guess what color this might have been painted or should I just cover the model of this to restore in coal dust.........

If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Hmmm. You made a model of that and wrote it up for OST.
It looks as though the sides have fold down panels near the top.
For what purpose?
It looks as though the sides have fold down panels near the top.
For what purpose?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
rogruth wrote:Hmmm. You made a model of that and wrote it up for OST.
Not quite. The one I made is a far more generic "inspired" model. I have a 2nd one to restore and it is prototype specific to the A&K car.
It looks as though the sides have fold down panels near the top.
For what purpose?
Unloading to a specific chute downwards, maybe?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Ask here. http://www.kennebechistorical.org/ .You might get an answer. If they are not to busy telling people what colors to paint their house
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: Some more trolleys....C&G, CG&W, H&F, and others....
Wouldn't it have been easier just to dump the coal in rather than make a cylindrical pile at one end??

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 180 guests



