A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
J. S. Bach
Posts: 5820
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:A very early incarnation of a forerunner of Fleetwood Mac.........

I doubt it, they probably sounded a lot better than Fleetwood Mac. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:40 am

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
MurphOnMillerAve
Posts: 18489
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Kennywood Park
Contact:

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 am

I never got it straight - are they called "boppers" or "bobbers" ? They could bop down the tracks or bob down the tracks. (But could they ditty-bop ? Or is that diddy-bop ?) :mrgreen:

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:00 am

Bobbers
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
MurphOnMillerAve
Posts: 18489
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Kennywood Park
Contact:

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:10 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Bobbers

I just knew you or uncle Wayne would know and share. T'anx, bub.

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby webenda » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:20 pm

I have no reference to back up the following etymology of the term, "bobber" but it might be true. Anyone ever ride in one?

Most railroads opted for a caboose with two trucks (called "bogies") and eight wheels, but some eastern roads chose a no-truck, four-wheel design called a "bobber." The lack of trucks reduced the amount of steel needed for the caboose, thus lowering the final cost. This car got its name from the way it would "bob" down the track. Its tracking was so bad that several states enacted laws prohibiting the use of bobber cabooses (although by then the railroads had already stopped buying them). => http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/aldershot7/caboose.html
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
MurphOnMillerAve
Posts: 18489
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Kennywood Park
Contact:

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Good to learn.
Thanks. Mr. Dependable Wayne. (You appear to inspire positive nicknames from me, huh.)
Murph, the Far East RR station platform roof lurker-percher.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:19 am

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby rogruth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:14 am

Do we still have orphanages and children homes?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 am

rogruth wrote:Do we still have orphanages and children homes?


Of course not. There are no poor, or orphans, or homeless in the US, and catsup is a vegetable, and everyone is above average.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby rogruth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:24 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:Do we still have orphanages and children homes?


Of course not. There are no poor, or orphans, or homeless in the US, and catsup is a vegetable, and everyone is above average.

Really? If I was still teaching I probably would have known that but I retired 17 years ago from teaching and back then I needed to know that stuff. :roll: :roll:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:Do we still have orphanages and children homes?


Of course not. There are no poor, or orphans, or homeless in the US, and catsup is a vegetable, and everyone is above average.

Really? If I was still teaching I probably would have known that but I retired 17 years ago from teaching and back then I needed to know that stuff. :roll: :roll:


Poverty was eliminated back in the 80's...........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby rogruth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Of course not. There are no poor, or orphans, or homeless in the US, and catsup is a vegetable, and everyone is above average.

Really? If I was still teaching I probably would have known that but I retired 17 years ago from teaching and back then I needed to know that stuff. :roll: :roll:


Poverty was eliminated back in the 80's...........

:shock: Not where I was teaching.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:02 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:Really? If I was still teaching I probably would have known that but I retired 17 years ago from teaching and back then I needed to know that stuff. :roll: :roll:


Poverty was eliminated back in the 80's...........

:shock: Not where I was teaching.


Well, that was the big lie of the times then.......reality was inconvenient.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby rogruth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:23 am

Rufus,
I think that last sentence is still true.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 177 guests