A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
I agree.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Life has changed dramatically in just the last 80 years. I am sure there are some of us here that remember how life was before television and our new found electronic world. Reading a novel or listening to a radio program left a lot up to the imagination of the individual.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
HONDO74 wrote:Life has changed dramatically in just the last 80 years. I am sure there are some of us here that remember how life was before television and our new found electronic world. Reading a novel or listening to a radio program left a lot up to the imagination of the individual.
Yes. We all had different ideas of how many radio characters looked unless they had been in movies.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
HONDO74 wrote:Reading a novel or listening to a radio program left a lot up to the imagination of the individual.
I still read 2-3 books every week.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:HONDO74 wrote:Reading a novel or listening to a radio program left a lot up to the imagination of the individual.
I still read 2-3 books every week.
I did that also until about 5 years ago.
Now I hope I can do a book a week.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:HONDO74 wrote:Reading a novel or listening to a radio program left a lot up to the imagination of the individual.
I still read 2-3 books every week.
I did that also until about 5 years ago.
Now I hope I can do a book a week.
Public library here is great; put books on hold while they are still on order....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:...some of the old stone inns/taverns I have seen along those same roads seem to have been built deliberately close to the passage of horse-drawn "traffic," which I had concluded was done due to the businesses wanting to appear welcoming and easy and convenient for horses to be tethered.
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Yup. Once upon a time people wanted to be close to the action and communicate, socialize, etc., and now they want to be 1/4 mile back off the road behind a fence and a gate.
I live on a street that has high traffic at rush hour. It also is used as a drag strip, on off hours. I live on the third floor, and the noise doesn't bother me, but a guy on the second floor actually sleeps in his living room, on account of it.
'
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:rogruth wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
I still read 2-3 books every week.
I did that also until about 5 years ago.
Now I hope I can do a book a week.
Public library here is great; put books on hold while they are still on order....
My problem as I have mentioned too many times is my eyes.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Roy wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote:...some of the old stone inns/taverns I have seen along those same roads seem to have been built deliberately close to the passage of horse-drawn "traffic," which I had concluded was done due to the businesses wanting to appear welcoming and easy and convenient for horses to be tethered.Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Yup. Once upon a time people wanted to be close to the action and communicate, socialize, etc., and now they want to be 1/4 mile back off the road behind a fence and a gate.
I live on a street that has high traffic at rush hour. It also is used as a drag strip, on off hours. I live on the third floor, and the noise doesn't bother me, but a guy on the second floor actually sleeps in his living room, on account of it.
'
Do you live in an apartment or maybe a condominium.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Roy wrote:I live on a street that has high traffic at rush hour. It also is used as a drag strip, on off hours. I live on the third floor, and the noise doesn't bother me, but a guy on the second floor actually sleeps in his living room, on account of it.
'
HONDO74 wrote:Do you live in an apartment or maybe a condominium.
Condo. It's set back a little from the street by a narrow strip of grass and trees, but nowhere near enough to block the noise. The rush hour noise doesn't bother me at all. The racers, with their LOUD engines, always get me thinking "welcome to the Centralia Raceway".
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
When I hear a motorcycle or car roaring down the road, with the pilot making sure everybody is disturbed and noticing his passing-by, I always think to myself, "Are you that desperate for attention?"
I mean, how is a noisy muffler, which has obviously been altered to make more roar than usual, a demonstration of masculine prowess? How much "manhood" does it take to press a gas-peddle, thinking, "Check me out, everybody, I'm Here!"
Sad. IMunHO.
P.S. I've had motorcycles and numerous cars; it never occurred to me to order one that could make excess noise.
Maybe that's just me.
I mean, how is a noisy muffler, which has obviously been altered to make more roar than usual, a demonstration of masculine prowess? How much "manhood" does it take to press a gas-peddle, thinking, "Check me out, everybody, I'm Here!"
Sad. IMunHO.
P.S. I've had motorcycles and numerous cars; it never occurred to me to order one that could make excess noise.
Maybe that's just me.
"Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool." Proverbs 10: 21-28
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:When I hear a motorcycle or car roaring down the road, with the pilot making sure everybody is disturbed and noticing his passing-by, I always think to myself, "Are you that desperate for attention?"
They are compensating for other inadequacies.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote:When I hear a motorcycle or car roaring down the road, with the pilot making sure everybody is disturbed and noticing his passing-by, I always think to myself, "Are you that desperate for attention?"
They are compensating for other inadequacies.
Some claim the noise is so other motorists and pedestrians will notice them and be aware that they are in the area.
My son rides a Harley and bought a new one and changed the pipes to make more noise. I asked him why.
His answer was he liked the noise.
I agree with the above answers by Murph and Rufus.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
I am under the impression that this picture was take at one of the civil war battlefields. Do you know which one 
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 163 guests
