A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Parades were a big deal back then. Not anymore unless they cost a bazillion dollars lie Macys or the Rose parades'
Those last two Knights appear to be out of step with the others.
Those last two Knights appear to be out of step with the others.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:Parades were a big deal back then. Not anymore unless they cost a bazillion dollars lie Macys or the Rose parades'
Those last two Knights appear to be out of step with the others.
Larry and Curly...
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:rogruth wrote:Parades were a big deal back then. Not anymore unless they cost a bazillion dollars lie Macys or the Rose parades'
Those last two Knights appear to be out of step with the others.
Larry and Curly...
Moe needs to get after them.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:rogruth wrote:Looks like a house.
Check the spire on the building to the left.
It is and many businesses were(are) run out of such houses in this area with a shop around back. Pretty sure that both of these houses are still in Lemasters. Nice little village to visit.

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Nice to see that they are still there with just a few differences and being well cared for.
That fancy wood work is missing under the eaves but it would be difficult and expensive to care for.
That fancy wood work is missing under the eaves but it would be difficult and expensive to care for.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
That's the first I have ever seen a RR station on a curve in the trax. When I have seen a hobbyists do that, I have thought it was unfortunate. Now, thanks to your good offices, I have changed my mind in that regard. Photos don't lie; well, at least, the old ones seem not to.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
The station on the B&O in my hometown was on a bridge that crossed the Ohio River.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:The station on the B&O in my hometown was on a bridge that crossed the Ohio River.
I'd like to see that, if you don't mind telling us your hometown.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:The station on the B&O in my hometown was on a bridge that crossed the Ohio River.
Now that is news!
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
The Bellaire bridge is still in use by the W&LE. It was built by the B&O and the Central Ohio to make a non stop river crossing in 1870. The Ohio was crossed at Steubenville by the PRR a little earlier and was the first Ohio River bridge downstream from Pittsburgh. It is also still in use. Both bridges were later rebuilt.
The station was removed in the 1990s, I think, to 4-lane a highway. The last passenger train was in 1971. The actual station was a three story brick building with an enclosed walkway on up another floor to track level walkways for boarding. Three blocks to the west on the same was a matching tower that controlled signals and switches at a wye. This bridge can be seen in the movie "Unstoppable". It is where the train almost derails.
A book by Dan Frizzi, "An American Railroad Portrait", covers the local railroads and the area very well. The bridge is called the "Stone Bridge" and has been named a National Monument. ( I think.)
The station was removed in the 1990s, I think, to 4-lane a highway. The last passenger train was in 1971. The actual station was a three story brick building with an enclosed walkway on up another floor to track level walkways for boarding. Three blocks to the west on the same was a matching tower that controlled signals and switches at a wye. This bridge can be seen in the movie "Unstoppable". It is where the train almost derails.
A book by Dan Frizzi, "An American Railroad Portrait", covers the local railroads and the area very well. The bridge is called the "Stone Bridge" and has been named a National Monument. ( I think.)
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Roger, is this your station?:


Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Yes. The upper photo is the later photo.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Never saw anything like it. So, Thanks for the treat!
- John Webster
- Posts: 839
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:29 am
- Location: Painesville, Ohio
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
https://martinbrechbiel.smugmug.com/Cards/Others-7/i-CpBTqZH/A
Are those green and cream cabeese an artifact of the colorization process or the actual colors of the cars?
Are those green and cream cabeese an artifact of the colorization process or the actual colors of the cars?
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 138 guests
