A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
healey36
Posts: 7004
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Westminster, MD

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby healey36 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:32 pm

HONDO74 wrote:A lot of patriotism showing back in 1914 with all those banners and American flags. :D

Yeah, "keep us out of any effing war, Mr. Wilson" patriotism.

HONDO74
Posts: 9136
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Midway USA

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm

healey36 wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:A lot of patriotism showing back in 1914 with all those banners and American flags. :D

Yeah, "keep us out of any effing war, Mr. Wilson" patriotism.


I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if we had stayed out of WW1. :?:

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:53 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
healey36 wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:A lot of patriotism showing back in 1914 with all those banners and American flags. :D

Yeah, "keep us out of any effing war, Mr. Wilson" patriotism.


I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if we had stayed out of WW1. :?:


Ask Philip K. Dick
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby rogruth » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
healey36 wrote:Yeah, "keep us out of any effing war, Mr. Wilson" patriotism.


I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if we had stayed out of WW1. :?:


Ask Philip K. Dick

I think I read that one but have forgotten the title. Please inform me.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:52 pm

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if we had stayed out of WW1. :?:


Ask Philip K. Dick

I think I read that one but have forgotten the title. Please inform me.


I was alluding to The Man in the High Castle but there are so many more. There's a series by an author named Stirling that addresses such speculation, too.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby rogruth » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Ask Philip K. Dick

I think I read that one but have forgotten the title. Please inform me.


I was alluding to The Man in the High Castle but there are so many more. There's a series by an author named Stirling that addresses such speculation, too.

Yes. I have read it but it is time to read it again. Thanks for the reminder.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:11 pm

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:I think I read that one but have forgotten the title. Please inform me.


I was alluding to The Man in the High Castle but there are so many more. There's a series by an author named Stirling that addresses such speculation, too.

Yes. I have read it but it is time to read it again. Thanks for the reminder.


Once was enough for me - most of his books have been 1 & done for me. I have enough depression in my life and so I'm constantly reading a new book looking for a new story to visit.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:38 am

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
MurphOnMillerAve
Posts: 18489
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Kennywood Park
Contact:

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:50 am

They knew how to design and build college campuses in those days, imbuing them with a real sense of sanctuary and exclusivity, citadels - fortifications and bastions - for growing professionals for the future.
Attachments
vt_zimmerman10_0.jpg
vt_zimmerman10_0.jpg (196.92 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
Reci4.jpg
Reci4.jpg (256.36 KiB) Viewed 4049 times

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:04 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:They knew how to design and build college campuses in those days, imbuing them with a real sense of sanctuary and exclusivity, citadels - fortifications and bastions - for growing professionals for the future.


Wilson is still there and alive. Couple of decades ago they nearly went belly up but then opened the doors from being an all girls school, and now they have a student body of ~1K.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:15 am

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

HONDO74
Posts: 9136
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Midway USA

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am

Old Forge Springs Caledonia Park. On Line Of Chambersburg & Gettysburg Electric Railway. 1905.

Do you know what the rock formation is in the right hand corner. Maybe some kind of a well ?

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:02 am

HONDO74 wrote:Old Forge Springs Caledonia Park. On Line Of Chambersburg & Gettysburg Electric Railway. 1905.

Do you know what the rock formation is in the right hand corner. Maybe some kind of a well ?


Know? No. Speculate it is just a built up surround of the spring at the park.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

HONDO74
Posts: 9136
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Midway USA

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 am

Do you have a picture of the Merry Go Round in Caledonia Park. I have seen one but can't find it now....

User avatar
MurphOnMillerAve
Posts: 18489
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Kennywood Park
Contact:

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:19 am

Will this one in Kennywood Park, in Pennsylvania, do...?
Attachments
Kennywood.jpg
Kennywood.jpg (366.6 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 145 guests