A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
There were a few springs in my home area that were built up similar to the above.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42166
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Football team has 12 in the photo and 1 is probably the coach.
They all played the whole game and were not encased in armor like uniforms.
They all played the whole game and were not encased in armor like uniforms.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
They all seem like stout-hearted fellows, trim and healthy, focused on success and having good lives for themselves and their families. Yes, I see all that in those two Chambersburg team pictures.
Something I enjoy when seeing such photos is imagining how their lives may have turned-out. Of course, they are all dust, now, but one can hope they did well for themselves.
And that each of us will have done well for himself along his journey.
daMurph
Something I enjoy when seeing such photos is imagining how their lives may have turned-out. Of course, they are all dust, now, but one can hope they did well for themselves.
And that each of us will have done well for himself along his journey.
daMurph
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:Football team has 12 in the photo and 1 is probably the coach.
They all played the whole game and were not encased in armor like uniforms.
I've heard a number of folks opine that if the armor-like equipment was taken away, the game might be a bit safer. Certainly fewer head-down collisions...maybe...
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
healey36 wrote:rogruth wrote:Football team has 12 in the photo and 1 is probably the coach.
They all played the whole game and were not encased in armor like uniforms.
I've heard a number of folks opine that if the armor-like equipment was taken away, the game might be a bit safer. Certainly fewer head-down collisions...maybe...
Probably true. If some folks prevail, football as we know it may be gone replaced by touch football.
That might be a good thing.
Remember when a tall basketball player was 6' ?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:...Remember when a tall basketball player was 6' ?
Yes.
- Attachments
-
- buddiesx3.jpg (276.6 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Murph,
Did you play basketball?
How hard did the coach go after you?
Did you play basketball?
How hard did the coach go after you?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:Murph,
Did you play basketball?
How hard did the coach go after you?
If you note the date stamped on the border of that old photo, it tells you I was 12 at the time. There were few other people in our town that were as tall as I. However, I only had a tepid interest in basketball, although I thought it was fun, somewhat. In high school, the coach and gym teachers were very interested in my playing basketball, but I was more into swimming and wrestling, and driving around in my car dating girls. After all, there were only so many hours in a day and just so many days in a week, and the idea of exhausting myself running back-n-forth-back-n-forth across a basketball court didn't interest me much.
Thanks for the query, though, Roger. Always pleasant to converse with you, sir.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote: driving around in my car dating girls.
That can keep a young good looking guy occupied.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
HONDO74 wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote: driving around in my car dating girls.
That can keep a young good looking guy occupied.![]()
![]()
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
So Murph, your father played basketball?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Roy wrote:So Murph, your father played basketball?
No. He was into baseball, and was actually an umpire for his steel-mill team. I grew to become his height, by twelve, but I suppose, now that you mention him, that since basketball didn't interest him much, I didn't acquire any big interest in b-ball either.
BTW, he loved his Lionel trains, though (!)
- Attachments
-
- Mom & Dad's Christmas layout.jpg (484.54 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Now you all know why Murph is my friend.
He doesn't care for sports but likes and played with trains.
He doesn't care for sports but likes and played with trains.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
rogruth wrote:Now you all know why Murph is my friend....
Well, there's a homerun right there, being considered your friend, Roger!
And a 3-point basket, too!
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 131 guests

