A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Right hand drive on that auto.Mut have been the chiefs car. The child has a nice hat.
A firetruck that was in use in my hometown until at least 1960 had right hand drive.
It shook all buildings along the way when it went out on a call it was so heavy.
A firetruck that was in use in my hometown until at least 1960 had right hand drive.
It shook all buildings along the way when it went out on a call it was so heavy.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
I wonder how long Deppens Beer ("Drink Deppens Beer") stayed in business.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Is it possible the American industry hadn't standardized that aspect of motor vehicles, yet? I noticed in the photo of the carriage above that car that the driver (if that's what they were called) sits mid-seat, rather than on the right of left side of the front seat. I wonder if being situated in mid-seat was customary for horse-drawn carriages. ( I think that is where I have seen them situated in the NYC Central Park carriages.)
Such photos as these, shared with me by voices on this forum, have been my reference points when I have done modeling that included horse-drawn vehicles...We can discern that the position of the "driver" seems to have varied, for how long, I don't know, and for what purposes, I don't know...
The middle photo, assuming the carraige is not moving down the road driverless, must have the driver on our left, which is a positioning hidden from the photographer/us...though not unreasonable to conclude..
Such photos as these, shared with me by voices on this forum, have been my reference points when I have done modeling that included horse-drawn vehicles...We can discern that the position of the "driver" seems to have varied, for how long, I don't know, and for what purposes, I don't know...
The middle photo, assuming the carraige is not moving down the road driverless, must have the driver on our left, which is a positioning hidden from the photographer/us...though not unreasonable to conclude..
- Attachments
-
- Delbert%20Oplinger,%20Nanticoke%20PA%20rs-L.jpg (238.64 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
-
- horsecarriage.jpg (35.13 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
-
- Two%20Horses%20&%20Man%20in%20Carriage%20in%20Field%20rs-L.png (623.05 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42173
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Is it possible the American industry hadn't standardized that aspect of motor vehicles, yet?
Standards...... Hmmm........the DOT is a relatively recent creation.
Half the people you know are below average.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
The top photo I have shared is one of several I used to direct me when modeling vignettes like this...(Roger has always liked when I have posted photos of my layout work, so...)..
- Attachments
-
- plenty of work to do.jpg (73.52 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
-
- IMG_9725.jpg (542.34 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
-
- IMG_9309.JPG (3.02 MiB) Viewed 2676 times
-
- IMG_9289.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 2676 times
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Is it possible the American industry hadn't standardized that aspect of motor vehicles, yet?
Standards...... Hmmm........the DOT is a relatively recent creation.
Well, ah, errrr. So what? SOMEbody/one somewhere must have said, at some point, in time , "OK, in the UK the driver goes on this side of the seat, and the traffic flows in this direction on this side of the road; in the USA, drivers go here on the front seat and the traffic flows along this side of the roadways.
I ain't hardly talkin' 'bout present-day DOT, dude. I'm talkin' during the time of such vehicles as though shown in this thread by you...
…..ssoooo, in my three photos of real-life vehicles from olden days, I have shown the driver situated on the right, on the left, and in the middle. See? Huh? Huh? Like. Totally, as points of reference and reflection for inquisitive minds that like discussing such stuff.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42173
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Is it possible the American industry hadn't standardized that aspect of motor vehicles, yet?
Standards...... Hmmm........the DOT is a relatively recent creation.
Well, ah, errrr. So what? SOMEbody/one somewhere must have said, at some point, in time , "OK, in the UK the driver goes on this side of the seat, and the traffic flows in this direction on this side of the road; in the USA, drivers go here on the front seat and the traffic flows along this side of the roadways.
I'm sure that some convention was set but I have no idea when or by whom, but I'd bet that the car companies had a hand in it and that money was exchanged. Hop in the Tardis and let's go look.
Half the people you know are below average.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Murph,
Still like to se your layout, anytime, any scene.
Still like to se your layout, anytime, any scene.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42173
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Half the people you know are below average.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
In Penny Lane there is a fireman with an hourglass,
and in his pocket is a portrait of the Queen.
He likes to keep his fire engine clean.
It's a clean machine.
The Beatles
and in his pocket is a portrait of the Queen.
He likes to keep his fire engine clean.
It's a clean machine.
The Beatles
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
By the fourth syllable, and certainly by the ninth, most of us can hear the whole song in our heads. Why is that?
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42173
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:By the fourth syllable, and certainly by the ninth, most of us can hear the whole song in our heads. Why is that?
Because it was played to death until it became a resident ear worm in your head?
Half the people you know are below average.
- MurphOnMillerAve
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm
- Location: Kennywood Park
- Contact:
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote:By the fourth syllable, and certainly by the ninth, most of us can hear the whole song in our heads. Why is that?
Because it was played to death until it became a resident ear worm in your head?
Got it. No sentiment (
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42173
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:MurphOnMillerAve wrote:By the fourth syllable, and certainly by the ninth, most of us can hear the whole song in our heads. Why is that?
Because it was played to death until it became a resident ear worm in your head?
Got it. No sentiment () nor nostalgia for days-gone-bye-bye, though, huh. Dats some coldazzshite, bro.
You're mixing two subjects here.
Your question did not ask about sentiment or nostalgia - it asked about how we recognized a bit of music from just a few notes. Not the same thing at all.
Simple reality; our brains are stuffed full of music that we recognize almost instantly since we heard it umpteen times. You recognize the 1812 Overture after what - 2 bars?
Half the people you know are below average.
Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
The Milky Way Express is loaded, All Aboard!
I promise each and every one of you, you won't be bored.
Now, this next line is to keep everything honest and straight:
What I'm really singing about, is my brand new pair of Butterfly roller skates.
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
I promise each and every one of you, you won't be bored.
Now, this next line is to keep everything honest and straight:
What I'm really singing about, is my brand new pair of Butterfly roller skates.
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 136 guests
