Whatzit?

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15415
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Re: Whatzit?

Postby webenda » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:32 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Some Old Bay seasoning and drawn butter, and you're good to go now!

A small meal it would be.
Black Eyed Susans are two inches across in this forest.
This image is full size on my screen.
Image
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Whatzit?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:57 am

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Some Old Bay seasoning and drawn butter, and you're good to go now!

A small meal it would be.
Black Eyed Susans are two inches across in this forest.


Oh, just go out to all of them and collect enough for canapes, :wink: :wink:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15415
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Re: Whatzit?

Postby webenda » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Mecaphesa Spider Crab Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 pound Mecaphesa crabmeat, picked from Black Eyed Susans.*
⅔ cup panko
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons butter

Image

*114,2861 Mecaphesa / pound
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Whatzit?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:41 pm

webenda wrote:*114,2861 Mecaphesa / pound


Best you be getting out there and collecting them!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Whatzit?

Postby robert. » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:12 pm

webenda wrote:Mecaphesa Spider Crab Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 pound Mecaphesa crabmeat, picked from Black Eyed Susans.*
⅔ cup panko
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons butter

Image

*114,2861 Mecaphesa / pound

You can substitute zucchini for the crab. It'll taste just as good.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Whatzit?

Postby robert. » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Image
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
chuck
Posts: 5867
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:43 pm
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Contact:

Re: Whatzit?

Postby chuck » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Painted bolete

Suillus spraguei
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Whatzit?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:02 am

robert. wrote:You can substitute zucchini for the crab. It'll taste just as good.


No, not a chance. That you might even think so tells me you probably do not like crab very much, :wink: :wink:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Whatzit?

Postby robert. » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:18 am

I was a vegetarian for 25 years.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Whatzit?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:25 am

robert. wrote:I was a vegetarian for 25 years.


"was".... :wink: :wink: My daughter was for about 5 min. when she quickly was advised that that meant giving up bacon.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Whatzit?

Postby robert. » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:23 pm

chuck wrote:Painted bolete

Suillus spraguei

I took this photo during a hike in bushkill falls. For a cellphone photo i think it is really nice. For the fact i hung down under a walking bridge and snapped it without any focusing. It’s shocking.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
chuck
Posts: 5867
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:43 pm
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Contact:

Re: Whatzit?

Postby chuck » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Nice photo. Moves into the impressive category when you fill in the background.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15415
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Re: Whatzit?

Postby webenda » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:10 am

There is something missing in our mushroom photographs, Robert.

Whatzit missing?
Image
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Whatzit?

Postby robert. » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:43 am

A caterpillar.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Whatzit?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:59 am

robert. wrote:A caterpillar.


....smoking a hookah. :wink: :wink:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 103 guests